Wednesday, December 16, 2020

so, it has been awhile

Obviously I haven't wanted to post anything since August.  Funny, the last post was about a storm, and today we are expecting a full-on snowstorm.  

It's not like I haven't had anything to say... I just haven't been motivated.  Between Covid and politics, it's just been zapping all my energy.  So far we've still managed to avoid the first.  Vaccinations have just started here.  I figure my kids and I will be able to get it anywhere from April to June.  We just need to hang in there until then.  It hasn't been horrible, but it's not very fun doing little to nothing.  My daughter can't find a job yet; my son is finishing up his first semester of junior year in college (at home), and I'm bored.  But hey, it could be a lot worse.  Cases are going up because people are being stupid here... 

Politics dragged me WAAAAAY down.  Honestly, there are some faces in the news I hope I never have to see again.  Ugh.  That's all I'm going to say about that. 

We did manage to get our Christmas tree up and decorated though.  It's our first Christmas here in the new house.  


I always set up my little white tree too. 


My daughter always did lights on our old porch.  She did the new one too.  It was a bit easier since this porch is smaller.



Sometimes we get some pretty wild sunsets in winter.  This past week we've had a few. 



Stay-at-home means lots of time to walk the dog.  It catches up with Ivy.


I've never seen a dog sleep on her back as much as this one does.  She's weird.

So now I'm counting down the hours until the snow starts to fall.  Hope you're all doing well. 









 

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful it is to hear from you again! All your decorations look lovely around your home and I love the trees. I do understand the lack of motivation. That has been a big problem for me that has gotten much worse with the pandemic. It seems like I have to almost force myself to get things done and I'm always behind on things. Ivy looks so cute and I love her little white belly! Is this her first Christmas? I was thinking you got her this past year but I could be wrong. May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivation has always been challenging but, yes, even harder during the pandemic. This will be Ivy's second Christmas. Last year we blocked her from the tree. Luckily this year she seems to have no interest in it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see a post here and read how you and your family are managing in these challenging times. We're all getting so weary, but we do know that a vaccine is on the way, which gives us a glimmer of hope. That and the inauguration on January 20th are the highlights of these times. Nice to see your Christmas tree and porch lights. Your sunsets are beautiful, and your doggie is adorable! Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. I think I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

      Delete
  3. A person who wants the snow!!!! Yesss... Well, perhaps not quite as much as we got, up here, but... Snow is normal. Especially at Christmas Time!!!!!

    Your home is perfect! With the porch in front. Oh so pretty.

    China Covid Pandemic!!! A total horror, for sure. Without it, we would not be facing the terrible future, in our Dear Country, which we are now facing. :-((((

    Hope you got some snow!

    Greetings, from here at the "North Pole"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on a blogging break as well, since July, and sheer lack of motivation was also the big one for me. So much blah, blah, blah in the world -- I couldn't take it anymore. I posted a couple of days ago, and it felt meaningful again.

    Your photos are lovely - I love both the trees. The white ones and silver ones have such a nostalgia to them. It looks as if you are enjoying your new home, but I understand about the boredom. One day is much like the other! Maybe in the new year we will kick this virus in the arse and get on with our larger lives. Best wishes to you for a healthy 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. We'll see how I feel about blogging as the days go on.

      Delete