Friday, July 24, 2020

outing

Other than to my local farm stand, I haven't really gone anywhere lately.  The other day my son told me that one of our local gardens opened back up, so we decided to check it out.  It happened to be a pretty nice day - temp in the high 80's but less oppressive humidity.  New Jersey summers are hot and humid, so when we get a break in that, we like to take advantage of it.

It's called the Leonard J. Buck Garden in Far Hills, NJ.  You can click on the link to read about it if you're so inclined.

I got my son a new camera for Christmas, which he seems to be enjoying, and he brought it.  My cameras are still packed from moving.  I know where they are, but I haven't yet taken them out let alone charged the batteries and all that.  I still have film cameras too, and I do use them, but I don't have any film on hand.  So it was just me and my iPhone, which is good enough sometimes.

When we got there, we noticed that the paths we usually roam around on were now marked with directional arrows to keep people moving in the same direction so as to not have to pass one another.  I liked that.  It wasn't crowded anyway, which I also liked.  It was nice to get out and feel somewhat normal.  Nature is always soothing.  Enjoy.





My very skinny son. He's actually a very good photographer. Better than I, I think. 


Which way?


We were at least six feet apart.


Please






A little history.

Probably don't want to eat these.

Probably don't want to eat these either.


No dogs allowed, but Ivy would have loved splashing in this.





4 comments:

  1. I've experienced humid summer days in New Jersey -- the worst! Wonderful that you two took advantage of the day to get out into this beautiful piece of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NJ humid summer days really are the worst. It sure was nice to get out.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful garden this is! I would love to stroll through there. It looks like your son is taking after you in photography! Isn't it fun to share things like that with our kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are eerily similar, my son and I. We share a lot of interests, but we also get on each other's nerves, lol

      Delete