Wednesday, March 4, 2020

such craziness

To me, the past few months have felt like that snowball rolling down the hill that you used to see in cartoons.  It rolls faster and faster, gathering more snow and becoming larger and larger and out of control.  Well, actually the last four years have felt that way, but the past few months have just been crazy.  Total governmental chaos, fires, tornadoes, wind, rain, draught, hate, fear, viral plague...the list just goes on.  Adding to that is my own personal stress of moving, college kids saddened and doubtful about their future, a newly spayed puppy, cranky and whiny because she's stuck in a cone for ten days.  Some people are starting to stockpile wipes, toilet paper, paper towels - I feel like I need to stockpile Xanax. 

I look for anything to distract, to bring about a smile, maybe even a laugh.  As I type this, I'm watching a beautiful red cardinal feasting under my feeder.  It makes me smile.  The other day, a friend of mine posted this on Facebook, and it made me laugh.



In between all the craziness, I will continue to seek out the good wherever I can.  I hope you all can too.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, you have summed it up perfectly. We are living in crazy times. That photo made us laugh, and we thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really laughed out loud when I saw that. I thought you might like it, especially after your recent computer issues.

      Delete
  2. I love that photo! Thanks for the laugh. We all need some positive and happy times especially when it seems like the world is against us. I've been thinking of you dealing with a move and I don't envy you. How has it been going? Are you in the new place yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving day is on March 27th, so I still have some time.

      Delete
  3. great photo -- made me laugh out loud. yes, much craziness going on. I've been keeping myself entertained as I self isolate. Just watched a very good movie on Netflix today: Change in the Air. Populated by wonderful actors; a great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me laugh out loud too. I suspect a lot of streaming services are going to be very busy for quite some time.

      Delete