Tuesday, February 18, 2020

moving

I'm still here.  I've just been monumentally busy.

See, I'm moving.  Moving from a house I've been in for 27 years.  Do you know how much crap one can accumulate in 27 years?

A lot.

My attic AFTER I cleared out what I'm not keeping.😱😱
Everything has to be out by March 31st.

So between home inspections, fixing things, clearing out things, wanting to just set things on fire, and dealing with all the emotional upheaval (not just my own, but my kids' upheavals as well... this is the only home they've known), I've been busy.  To say the least. And I haven't even mentioned the issues I've had going on with the house we're moving into.  We've been renovating it for that past year.

When the dust settles (figuratively and literally), I will go into more detail about everything.  If I don't wind up at the bottom of a pile of boxes.  





13 comments:

  1. Moving is not fun at all. Roger and I have done it many, many times over the years. Packing up and leaving is the hard part. Once you're in the new home, the unpacking can take as long as you like. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I feel for you because I know the work and stress involved in moving is not fun. Your attic looks a little like our basement and that can become overwhelming. Are you staying in the same area or moving to a new town? Take care and take those breaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are moving about 8.5 miles away, but it's a different town. All this work to move 8.5 miles...!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your move. I've been in my house since 1970.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Funny, I moved to my town in 1970. I left a couple of times but came back. That was 27 years ago.

      Delete
  4. You'll be so happy once you are moved and settled in! Eyes on the prize, m'dear. I have moved so many times I've lost count. I finally bought a place in October and they're going to have to carry me out to the morgue! Good luck to you -- you'll get it done, really, you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the longest I've ever lived in one place - 27 years. Before that, the record was four years. I'm way out of practice. Funny, when I moved into this house, I remember saying how I was not going to move again for 30 years. Well, I almost made it. We'll see about the next house.

      Delete
  5. I hope the move goes alright.
    Thank you for the link to my blog (powerpop)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOPs!!!! Sounds stressful !!! moving out of a place where u have been living for 27 years then moving to a new place, must be a courageous task. Packing up things is one of the craziest things I can imagine to be the hardest part of life. Take care and wish you GOOD LUCK SHARON!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Time is ticking. I have until the end of this month.

      Delete
  7. Moving is not at all an easy thing. It involves lot of stress and efforts. Happy shifting. I suggest you take help from the professionals as they would ease most of your work.

    ReplyDelete