Wednesday, April 22, 2020

odd fascination

Ivy didn't have access to the bathrooms in the other house.  Being that the layout of the new house is somewhat different and that Ivy is a bit older now and more reliable as far as roaming is concerned, she been able to explore this uncharted territory.  And she seems fascinated. 

Often I find her in there just looking around.  One day she was just sitting in the middle of the room.  Another day she was obviously more relaxed.


She is most intrigued by the shower.  For faster drying purposes, we had a habit of leaving the doors open.  Old habits do die hard.  We learned that this habit needs to be nipped in the bud.

One never realizes how dirty a dog's paws really are until they are wet.
She usually keeps me company while I dry my hair.


Sometimes she can't get close enough.


I don't know if or when her bathroom lust will grow old.  It's pretty funny though.  My previous dog had zero interest in bathrooms.


6 comments:

  1. She's a beauty. I know in the heat of summer dogs prefer the relative cold of a bathroom, but now? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since dog grooming has been deemed a "non-essential" business, she is far too shaggy. So I'm sure she's hot already.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to meet your dog Ivy. She's a beauty. I do wonder why she's so interested in the bathroom... maybe because it's such new territory for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, but she's into EVERYTHING. Nothing escapes her attention, much like a very small child.

      Delete
  3. Ivy is a beautiful dog! She may be fascinated because it's new to her. My cats like to take their toys to the bathroom because they like to play with them on that floor. Most of our house has carpet the the toys slide better in the bathroom or kitchen. It's amazing that Ivy stays with you when you dry your hair. Many animals are scared of hair dryers. Well, my cats are anyway. It's good to hear from you. I hope you and your family are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your cats are pretty smart. Ivy doesn't care about the hair dryer unless she's the one getting her hair dried. I hope you are well too. We are staying the course here.

      Delete